A Europe in crisis. A Europe without jobs
Thursday 10 April 2014, 3.00 – 6.30 p.m.
3.00 – 4.00 p.m.
Welcome and introductions on the EP elections
– Gabi Zimmer MEP (GUE/NGL President) and
– Horst Schmitthenner (TUNE)
4.00 – 6.30 p.m.
The war on workers and trade unions – and how to fight back
Unemployment, sub-contracting, precarious work, social dumping
– labour legislation and trade union rights under attack across Europe
– Atypical and precarious work in Europe
– Carlo Caldarini, Director Inca – Cgil Observatory for social policies in Europe
– Atypical and precarious work in Italy
– Roberto Romano, responsible for study and research, Cgil Lombardy
– Collective agreements under attack
– Nils Böhlke, WSI/Hans-Böckler-Stiftung
– Experiences in fighting precarious work: Bremen/Germany
– Hajo Kuckero, representative of GEW (Education Union), Bremen
– Thomas Händel (MEP, GUE/NGL) will introduce the state of work in the European Parliament
6.30 – 8.00 p.m.
Sandwich buffet (in front of the meeting room)
GUE/NGL press contact Gianfranco Battistini + 32 475 646628 [email protected]