Report - Towards a Progressive Trade Politics for the European Union
This report outlines viable and urgently-needed alternatives to the EU’s current approach to trade policy.
It covers alternatives to key aspects of trade policy, including:
- transparency and democracy
- environment and climate change
- labour and economic rights
- food, farming and local economies
- public services and the right to regulate
- social and human rights
- tax investment
- public access to knowledge
- corporate accountability
Written by Lucia Barcena Menendez and Ethan Earle, the report follows from an event held by GUE/NGL in the European Parliament in February 2019 in which trade policy experts and activists came together to discuss alternative approaches to the EU’s international trade.
The resulting document aims to provide recommendations for European policy makers in the upcoming 2019-2024 political term.