EU-MERCOSUR : THE VICIOUS CIRCLE OF PESTICIDES
11 May 2021 from 17:00 to 19:00
Interpretation FR, ES, PT, EN –
Click here fro the Recordings Password: 0473227930
European corporations massively export pesticides to Mercosur, destroying forests, displacing indigenous peoples and farmers, and poisoning local populations. These dangerous substances come back to the plates of the European consumers. Fortunately, citizens are reacting and pressuring governments to break this cycle. The Left group in the European Parliament has invited Prof Larissa Mies Bombardi of the University of Sao Paulo to present her new study “Geography of Asymmetry, Circle of Poison and Molecular Colonialism in the Commercial Relationship between Mercosur and the EU”, which illustrates those destructive relations that the treaty negotiated between the two regions would not change, but instead, reinforce.
Prominent experts and several parliamentarians from both regions will react to the presentation and comment on their actions and the new windows that are opening against the abusive use of pesticides.
Read the main study here.
Read study introduction by Left MEPs here
Interpretation EN, PT, FR, ES
– Manon Aubry, co-president of The Left in the European Parliament, La France Insoumise
– Helmut Scholz, MEP, Member of the Commission for International trade of the European Parliament, Die Linke
Presentation of the study:
– Larissa Mies Bombardi, author of the Study, Prof of the Sao Paulo University
– Peter Clausing, PAN-Germany
– Nilto Toatto, Federal MP of Brasil and President of environmentalist front, PT
– Arnaud Apoteker Justice Pesticide
– Sara Lickel, Institut Veblen
– Miguel Urban, MEP, Member of the EP Delegation for the relations with Mercosur, Anticapitalistas
– Lilian Galán, Member of the Parliament of Uruguay, Frente Amplio
– Stelios Kouloglou MEP, Member of the EP Delegation for the relations with Mercosur, Syriza
Importación de pesticidas tóxicos, comida envenenada y aumento de todo tipo de enfermedades. Hoy con @Left_EU, presentamos un nuevo estudio que analiza el papel del Acuerdo UE-Mercosur en todo ello.
🕰️¡A las 17.00! Para registrarse aquí👇
— Miguel Urbán Crespo (@MiguelUrban) May 11, 2021