RESISTERHOOD FOR GLOBAL REVOLUTION
Women change the world.
Ahead of International Women’s Day, the Left is organising its annual Feminist Forum at the European Parliament, ASP 1G2.
In the midst of the worst cost of living crisis in decades and with worrying levels of violence against women, we ask what’s next for the “resisterhood”?
Left MEPs Malin Björk (Swedish Left Party), Elena Kountoura (Syriza) and María Eugenia Rodríguez Palop (Podemos) will be joined by special guests to discuss how freedom from patriarchy can help end violence against women and fight exploitation and female poverty.
7th March 2023 | 9:00 – 12:30
European Parliament- Brussels
Room ASP 1G2
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Greek, and Swedish.
9:00- 09:15 – Opening remarks
- Manon Aubry, MEP and Co-Chair of The Left. FI, France. Online
9:15- 10:30 Freedom from Patriarchal Violence
- Biljana Brankovic, Member of GREVIO, Independent Researcher, online
- Alexandra Haché, expert in gender and technologies
- Marcella Pirrone, President of WAVE Network (Women Against Violence Europe) online
- Anna Zobnina, Strategy and Executive Director of the European Network of Migrant Women,
- Malin Björk, The Left MEP, Swedish Left Party
- Elena Kountoura, The Left MEP, Syriza, Greece
10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:30 – Cost of living: fighting exploitation and female poverty
- Evelyne Ayong, La ligue des travailleuses domestiques
- Sally Shortall, leading international academic expert in rural gender issues, coordinator of EU project GRASSCEILING
- Francoise De Smedt, leader of PTB in the Parliament of Brussels, member of Marianne, women’s commission for PTB
- María Eugenia Rodríguez Palop, The Left MEP and vice-chair of the FEMM committee, Podemos, Spain