Left MEPs launch website on Panama Papers Inquiry
GUE/NGL MEPs have launched a blog on the European Parliament’s Committee of Inquiry into the Panama Papers (PANA)* at http://guengl-panamapapers.eu
The blog aims to outline the work of GUE/NGL MEPs on the PANA committee for the duration of the inquiry’s mandate.
It currently features:
· A video message of support from LuxLeaks whistleblower Antoine Deltour.
· A video message of support from Swiss banking whistleblower Rudolf Elmer.
· Guest contributions from tax justice campaigners and NGOs.
The blog will also include:
• General information on the inquiry committee including details of hearings, relevant documents, a calendar of events, and more.
• Commentary on the progress of the inquiry by GUE/NGL PANA MEPs, including our submissions, analysis, priorities and policy proposals.
• Guest contributions from international tax justice activists and academics commenting on the inquiry and the issues it examines.
GUE/NGL members in the Committee:
Fabio De Masi (Germany, Die Linke MEP. Vice-chair of PANA committee)
Patrick Le Hyaric (France, Communist Party of France. GUE/NGL Coordinator on PANA)
Miguel Urban (Spain, Podemos. GUE/NGL shadow rapporteur on PANA)
Matt Carthy (Ireland, Sinn Féin)
Miguel Viegas (Portugal, Portuguese Communist Party)
Marina Albiol (Spain, Izquierda Unida)
Curzio Maltese (Italy, L’Altra Europa con Tsipras)
Stelios Kouloglou (Greece, Syriza)
Subscribe here to receive updates from our blog: GUE/NGL investigates the Panama Papers
*In response to the Panama Papers leak, the European Parliament voted on 8 June 2016 to establish a Committee of Inquiry into alleged contraventions and maladministration of Union law on money-laundering, tax evasion and tax avoidance. The first hearing of the inquiry was held last month and the second hearing took place last week in Brussels.